Opening a company in Kenya is not as easy as you may think. The procedures of acquiring all the necessarily documents is sickening. Before being given he certificate of owning a company, the time and efforts you will have put all together will be massive. Here is all the steps step by step and all the requirements of opening a company in Kenya.
Requirements Of Opening A Company In Kenya
- First of all you will be needed to reserve the name of your company. The following steps will be taken.
- Registering With E-Citizen
- After which you will be required to apply and pay for the company name
- Obtain your company name reservations
2. After the Above steps are done. It’s time to Register your company. The following procedures apply for company registration.
- You will be required to apply and pay for your company registration
- Submit your application forms
- After submitting application forms make sure you receive your company registration documents.
3. After the above procedures you will need to apply for taxpayer Registration
- Apply for your company PIN
- You will be required to submit your PIN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT receipt
- Receive your company PIN
4. VERY IMPORTANT: Obtain Unified Business Permit
- Verification of your business permit application form
- Assessment of the business license fee
- Obtain all invoices mostly Business licence fee invoice
- Pay for the licence fee and obtain your unified business permit
5. Make sure all company employees are registered with NHIF
- Apply for NHIF employer registration
- Obtain NHIF employer’s code
6. Apply for NSSF for all employees
- Apply for NSSF Employer registration
- Obtain your NSSF certificate of registration
The above details are all the steps you should follow to open a company in Kenya